(a) to handle your orders and process the related payments;
(b) to handle your requests and inquiries;
(c) to improve and enhance your experience on the Online Platform;
(d) to customize your profile;
(e) to measure and further develop the Online Platform and/or its content;
(f) to verify your identity;
(g) to notify you of the redemption of gifts/coupons, and relevant arrangements for the redemption;
(h) to undertake direct marketing, for instance, by providing you with our latest news update on our products, services, promotional events, or other marketing materials or information as and when sent out by us (if any);
(i) to undertake research and statistical analysis;
(j) to comply with the obligations, requirements or arrangements for disclosing and using Personal Data that apply to us or that it is expected to comply pursuant to:-
- the requirements of any law or order issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or industry bodies or associations existing currently and in future with which we are expected to comply; and/or
- any law binding and applicable to us, whether within or outside Hong Kong existing currently and/or in future; and
(k) for any other purposes as specified at the time of collection of your Personal Data.
2.3 If we make changes in the way we use your Personal Data, we will obtain your written consent through email in advance.
2.4 The Personal Data will be collected in two ways:
- Those Personal Data provided by you – When you register for an account and subsequently log in to your account on the Online Platform, or when you place an order on the Online Platform, or when you request for information and/or make inquiries, you will be asked to provide us with your Personal Data, including but not limited to your name and email address.
- Those Personal Data collected from your use of the Online Platform – we may collect information in respect of the pages on the Online Platform that you use and how you use them. Such information shall include but not limited to the following:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as hardware model and the operating system version).
- Log information
When you view the contents on the Online Platform, we may collect and store certain information in the server logs. This may include:
- details of how you have viewed such content, such as search queries;
- internet protocol address(es);
- information concerning your device such as crashes, system activity/activities, hardware settings, type and language of your browser, the date and time of your request and the landing page path and/or the destination URL into or from the Online Platform; and
- cookies (“Cookies”) that may uniquely identify your browser and/or your user account.
- Location information
When you use the Online Platform, we may collect and process information about your location such as the country and/or the city you are located in while using the Online Platform.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
Cookies are small files that are sent to your device when you visit a website to store your preferences as a user and related information with a view to analyzing your web-surfing habits and preferences. The Cookies allow that website to recognize your browser in your subsequent visits and are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the website.
You may reset your browser to disallow Cookies or to reject acceptance of Cookies when being alerted. However, by disabling Cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain parts of the Online Platform, and some of its features may not function properly or be made available to you.
2.5 Your supply of the Personal Data to us is voluntary, but a failure to supply such Personal Data may result in us not being able to provide our products or services or otherwise deal with you as the Relevant Person.